As the leading publisher of market information and analytics for health insurance business, Mark Farrah Associates is always looking for exceptional talent. Our company is made up of smart, inquisitive, dedicated people, who are data-driven to help our customers succeed.
Just starting your career or are you a seasoned professional? If you have a passion for excellence and would like to work in the dynamic, changing health insurance industry, we'd like to hear from you. We offer a number of challenging and rewarding career paths for market analysis / competitive intelligence professionals as well as programmers / web developers.
Currently Open Positions
Director, Data Products & Analytics
Mark Farrah Associates (MFA), a leading healthcare business information company, has an immediate need for a senior-level data professional. This is a strategic role reporting directly to the General Manager.
In this important position, you will develop and refine data analytic products that deliver insightful market and competitive intelligence for health insurance and healthcare companies. This is a hands-on role requiring strong technical, communication and leadership skills. You will be responsible for product updates and data validation and will work closely with our developers to create efficient processing and validation procedures. To support new product development, you will conduct healthcare market research to identify useful data, use advanced data analysis techniques to assess value and integrate data into new and existing products.
This Director will manage and work closely with the Product and Marketing Manager, overseeing the company’s marketing and product training initiatives. This role will also be a key contributor to our Healthcare Business Strategy analysis briefs and participate in business development initiatives.
Our company is headquartered in the greater Pittsburgh area but the location for this job is flexible for the right candidate.
- Refine and develop MFA products by working with developers to identify and integrate new data content and analytical capabilities in response to end-user needs
- Create and apply data validation techniques for quality control of database updates and assurance of data integrity across products
- Produce useful analysis and write research briefs and market reports supporting the company’s business development initiatives
- Manage the Product and Marketing Manager, interfacing with customers for research and product support
- Support new sales opportunities by conducting product demos and user group meetings
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to understand business strategy and competitive dynamics within the health insurance industry
- Expert analytical skills including the ability to analyze large data sets, identify insights, and synthesize how these insights impact business decisions
- Superior data analysis and organizational skills using Microsoft Excel, Access and/or SQL
- Solid understanding of database logic
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal skills necessary to work in a fast-paced, high performing company that requires consistently connecting with colleagues, customers and industry stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Accounting, Finance, Marketing or related field
- 10+ years of experience with data analysis and research to support market and business strategy
- MBA or related advanced degree
- 5+ years within the health insurance industry
- Hands-on experience with SQL databases
- 3+ years of experience in a supervisory role
Attractive salary commensurate with experience.
For consideration, please send your resume along with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.